Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wrap Wednesday

I realize my blog description says "food and fashion", and all of my posts have been about food.  That's just because I have so much to say about food right now! Eventually, I'll switch it up.  But for right now, onto the next recipe I am loving at the moment.  

If you have never had P.F. Chang's chicken lettuce wraps, well, then you and I are on the same page.  I have never eaten there but have heard lots about how great these are.  I have had lettuce wraps at 4 Sisters in La Crosse, and my cousin Gus has made them before, both of which are delicious.  

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it for myself considering all of the ingredients are pretty healthy.  The first time I made them, I seriously could barely get the mixture into the lettuce wrap because it was SO good.  I love spice, and the Sriracha in the chicken makes it that much better.  Here is the link to where I got the recipe.  

I made slight changes with it, however.  I did not include the rice wine vinegar because I don't have it and don't like to buy things that I only use for one type of meal.  I also substituted the soy sauce with Bragg's liquid aminos, and I added extra Sriracha. :)  I didn't use a whole onion, because I think that is excessive, so I used about 1/3-1/2 cup.  Also, a tip I learned on Rachael Ray, freeze the ginger and it makes it MUCH easier to grate! (I also chopped a little bit bigger pieces because I love the taste)

To finish off the dish, feel free to add some toppings, such as shredded carrots, cabbage, radishes, or peanut pieces.

**I'll be posting a chocolatey dessert recipe on Saturday for Valentine's Day because I have a major sweet tooth.  YUM.**




No comments:

Post a Comment