Friday, February 20, 2015

TGIF!

It's Friday! I decided to switch up my usual breakfast today for something more exciting, because it's the end of the week.  

On a typical morning, I have two eggs scrambled with a handful of spinach.  Kind of boring, but I actually crave it, oddly enough.  
I don't know why I already had a picture of this...it wasn't planned
BUT, today I did something different! *woah* Strawberries are currently on sale at the Co-Op for $1.99! So, in true Kirsty fashion, I bought them just because they were on sale and not because I actually needed them.  

I made PANCAKES.  Yum.  I used to make them all the time and haven't had them in a while, so I thought, I need to use up my last banana and I have strawberries so, why not?

Yum yum yum yum.

I have TWO variations because I have made them different ways before.

1: 
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • splash of vanilla
  • cinnamon
blend in a food processor until smooth! 

2:

Found here
I do everything a little different, 'cause that's just me.  I don't have any pure maple syrup.  Sadly, the kind I bought was purchased almost 2 years ago, so it has tons of gross stuff in it, and I should probably just throw it away.  Here's what I did:

I used the second recipe this time.  Made the pancakes with my protein powder, not the one listed.  Because it's me, I accidentally got some egg yolk in there. Oops!  I topped it with sliced strawberries, banana, unsweetened coconut flakes (I think I'm obsessed with coconut), and blue agave nectar.  

Happiness


Seriously delicious and eaten in 1 minute.  

And of course, my coffee: Hazelnut with a splash of almond milk and honey in the super cute mug I got from my cousin, Andrea, for Christmas. 

Ok, I'm going to go back to doing productive things now like my laundry or eating leftover Valentine's Day chocolates.




No comments:

Post a Comment