Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine's Day, I figured I would make a chocolate dessert.

Before I get into that, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has told me that they love my blog or are reading it, etc.  It truly is so nice to hear!  Especially from people I didn't expect, so it makes it that much more special.  To be honest, I figured no one would read it besides my sister haha. But I'm so happy people are enjoying it! The positive response is so beyond what I expected.  You all are so sweet!

Also, shout out to my mom for sending me this amazing Valentine's present.  She truly knows the way to my heart.
Pajamas <3, veggie peeler?!(score), dark choco&raspberry squares(favorite)
These are a few of my favorite things..
My sister, Leiah, for sending me a gift certificate for a MASSAGE. 
And finally, my wonderful cousin Jacquelyn and her husband Ryan for surprising me with what I have been truly wanting, you guys are the breast!:
My hearts desire
Considering I'm single and have had relationships on past Valentine's Days, this one has honestly been the best! I have a great family, and they know me so well.

Ok, enough with my sappy V-Day talk.  On to the SWEETS!

If you know me at all, you know I have a MAJOR sweet tooth.  I am THAT person at dinner that says "Yes, I'd love to hear about the desserts!"  I have been baking since high school, possibly before, but who can remember that far back? I used to bake brownies, cookies, and of course, funfetti cupcakes all the time and bring them to school for practically any reason.  I always offer to bake for holidays, birthdays, or any time that requires dessert.
I'm the 19 y/o asking for a Kitchen Aid for Christmas
4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love America so much.

Rosemary bread is just heavenly

Making a little Kringla! (Norwegians, you'll appreciate this)
I have been looking at tons of different desserts for years and testing out which ones I like.  Because I have been trying to eat a tad bit healthier.....I decided to make these brownies.  I made them for New Years Eve this year, along with mini strawberry cheesecake bites, and coconut bars topped with dark chocolate.  It was great.

I played a little trick on my friends, though, and didn't tell them the desserts I made were "healthy".  Am I a horrible person?  Sorry.  I just wanted to see if they would be able to tell without knowing!

The brownies I made were black bean brownies.  You're probably like "what?!" But you can't even taste them.  They are a much more fudg-y version of brownies instead of cake-like.  My friend Allisen caught on because of the texture, darn.  But I didn't really tell anyone else until I was leaving the next day.  So, luckily my friend Tom said I could leave the brownies at his apartment. (hehe, sorry Tom)

I got the recipe from here.  This girl is like my soul sister.  She literally speaks to the depths of my soul with her entire website.  The best part? Her ingredients aren't something so crazy that you've never heard of it, or will use 1 tsp and never use it again.

For tonight at work, which is one of the busiest nights for restaurants, the girls and I are all bringing in yummy and healthy grab-and-go foods.  I decided to bring these brownies (and cut them into little squares as requested, so we can just pop one and go haha).  Here is how they turned out!:

I don't have the greatest food processor, but it does the job



Hope you're all having a wonderful Valentine's Day and feeling as loved as I am! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment