Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Flubs

Since I am procrastinating doing anything for the day, I figured I'd talk about the times where my cooking has been a disaster.  Even though I love to do it, I have made some recipes that taste horrible or forget vital ingredients many times.  We aren't perfect, people!

For starters, a couple years ago before going to PCB, Florida for spring break (woo!), I made these chocolate muffins for everyone to have before we flew out.
They look good, right? Wrong.  They were so gross, except for when you got a bite of purely chocolate chips.  They were a healthier option that was best left alone.  

Another time, I tried to make these cauliflower mashed potatoes.
Little did I know, I bought and added in VANILLA flavored Greek yogurt instead of plain (whoops). I didn't notice until I tasted them and immediately wanted to spit it out.  Needless to say, I haven't made them since, because I was so scarred.

I have been infamously remembered for the time that I almost burned my house down by leaving a pizza in the oven over night.  My friends and family will never let me live this one down.
Fastest way to burn ~1000 calories
As much as I love to bake and as often as I do, I have made some pretty monumental mistakes.  During holidays, I LOVE pecan pie.  It's a recent discovery of mine that I can't believe I hadn't tried earlier.  My sister Leiah has made several great ones, so of course I had to try myself.  The first time I forgot eggs.  Eggs are SO important! The whole pie was flat and just ruined and she made fun of me so much for messing up so bad.  The second time I forgot vanilla and I think something else, and the whole taste was just off.  It was a huge hit to my ego and I have been since taken off pecan pie duty to prevent further damage.  

Lastly, I made this healthier version of "mac and cheese".
I was thinking: Oh my gosh! I love mac and cheese and I can eat it with spaghetti squash?! Awesome!

Actual turnout: Yuck.  It was not good, and the descriptions were deceiving in my opinion.

Anyway, these are just some examples that not everything you make is going to be great, but it's definitely a learning process.  Not all healthy recipes actually taste good and not every recipe you make ends up going smoothly, no matter how long you have been cooking.  Here's to many more mistakes I will ultimately make! 


1 comment: