Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Favorite Post-Workout Snack

So, before I get started, I just want to say that I do not claim to know everything about eating healthy and working out, but it is something I am always trying to improve.  I am still trying to figure out what works for me and what I find to be a sustainable lifestyle.  If you have any suggestions, send them my way.  I love hearing other people's new findings and ideas.

Alright, now back to the food. After briefly chatting with a personal trainer, I have been trying to eat a protein-packed meal or snack within 30 minutes to an hour after I work out.  Depending on the time of day I work out, I am not always hungry for a full meal, so I stick to a snack.  Here, I have my current favorite that I have been addicted to for a couple of months now.  It consists of a rice cake topped with crunchy peanut butter, a banana, honey, and topped with pecan pieces.  

It is DELICIOUS.  It's filling enough and keeps me energized.  





PB&B Rice Cakes
  • 1 salt free, plain rice cake
  • 1 1/2-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter (I use crunchy. Peanuts should be the only ingredient)
  • 1 banana sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
  • 1-2 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp pecan pieces (optional)
Calories: approx. 300






No comments:

Post a Comment