Friday, March 27, 2015

Zoodles

I have been seriously slacking on my blogging the past couple weeks considering I was doing it much more frequently.  Whoops.  I wish I could say it was because I was super busy doing important stuff, but I was mostly binge-watching House of Cards and working.  My life is so boring.  I do have other posts written, I just don't post them because I am always changing stuff and debating whether it is even interesting or not.

In hopes that this is a "no judgment zone", I'm going to divulge that I'm feeling slightly hungover (sorry parents).  BUT in my defense, the Badgers won last night, and I did a little celebrating.  After saying "this is my last drink" 4 different times, I realized I cannot hang like I used to.  I blame it on college for not preparing me for life after college.

SO, I'm going to pretend like I'm being healthy today and post about a meal I made a couple weeks ago and then actually order delivery because that's where I am in life right now.

Right before I made this meal, I debated making a post about how much I hate the Vegetti.  I don't know if that's how you spell it, but it's and "As Seen On TV" thing that spiyralizes vegetables.  (Sorry about my grammar today I'm not on my game)  Anyway, I finally got the hang of it, so I like it again. I just couldn't get it right the first 3 times I used it.

It is soooo cool and it is such a great/fast substitute if you want to make pasta!  I have only tried zucchini, but you could do carrots or cucumbers for a salad or something!

I just spiraled one zucchini, sautéed it in some EVOO, then cooked some ground turkey and threw in some spinach and marinara! So simple and fast and delicious. You can totally add your own veggies and everything else you want, I just am in a hurry and don't buy other stuff normally.  But it's good.




I made some homemade marinara, have I posted that recipe before? If not, here it is:

Marinara

  • 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • pinch of sugar/salt combo
  • optional: crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, etc. whatever you wanna spice it up with
In a pot, brown the garlic with the olive oil, then add in tomatoes, and seasonings and simmer for about 7 minutes.  Super simple and easy to do when you're cooking anything else.  





No comments:

Post a Comment