Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Is In The Air

There has been an immense amount of rain lately.  Why do I always seem to forget what the weather is like every single year? I don't know.

Here's to hoping it clears up and we can enjoy the 60s and 70s while we have them, before the summer heat comes.

So, Easter was this past weekend and I luckily got to spend it with the fam.  By fam, I mean my cousin, Jacquelyn and the occasional appearance of Ryan.  Yay for a weekend off of work! 

AND the Badgers won on Saturday, so there was quite a bit of excitement that night.  

Also, it was so nice out this weekend.


Can't complain.  

Besides that, I'm going to post a recipe for these Banana, Greek Yogurt, and Oat muffins that I made last time I made a blog post, while super hungover.  I remade them yesterday, and surprise, surprise, they were much better this time.  Probably because the first time I made them, I had all the lights off because I just couldn't handle life at that point, but I thought baking muffins was a good idea? I don't know why I do that to myself. 

BUT, these are actually pretty good and easy and travel-friendly.  I found it on Pinterest, but changed some things up.

Banana Oat Muffins
  • 2 Ripe Bananas
  • 2 Cups Oats
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup honey or agave
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • Optional: nuts, and you know I added coconut! 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes. 



These pictures don't really do them justice.  They are really moist and yummy, I promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment