Monday, March 2, 2015

Welcome to March

**Written while binge watching The Walking Dead**

It's finally March!

That means a few things.  My social media gets bombarded by March Madness talk, Shamrock Shakes are back, Girl Scouts will tempt you with cookies, and most importantly, Spring is approaching.  I can start to slowly switch my coffee to iced.

Newest obsession: Chai Tea Lattes
I tried the Starbucks one a couple months ago, and I am HOOKED.  If you have never tried one, they are creamy, warm spicy drink.  Highly recommend.  I like to buy from local, small businesses, and Moka is pretty amazing.

Craving one now.
Since, ya know, the seasons are starting to change, I'm trying to spruce up my breakfast situation.

My quest for a healthy lifestyle is forcing me to be creative and stuff.

I have major culinary skills now, because I finally learned how to poach an egg.

This was my biggest accomplishment of the day, considering it was my lazy day off work.

I bought some gluten free English muffins.  Yum! Maybe it's sad that these types of things make me excited, whatever.

My little creation today was delicioso.



If you've never poached an egg before, it's pretty simple.

Fill a sauce pan or a skillet with 2-3 inches of water and bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer.  Use a spoon to create a "whirlpool" in the pan.  Break egg into a small bowl, and pour in close to the water's surface, in the center of the whirlpool.  Cook for 3-5 minutes, and use a slotted spoon to remove from the water.

Easy!

I just topped a toasted English muffin with spinach, sliced tomato, egg and some salt and pepper.  

*Optional add-ons: cheese, avocado slices, hollandaise, HoT sAuCe, that's all I've got for you.  

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I didn't know it was easy to do... You can show me next week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete