Monday, March 16, 2015

Tennessee (There Ain't No Place I'd Rather Be)

I have been kind of MIA this past week, because I have been busy exploring Tennessee with the family.  My sister Leiah goes to PA school in Memphis, and my cousin August goes to Pharmacy school in Nashville.

After a random conversation with Leiah about a month ago, I had a spur of the moment decision to buy a plane ticket.  I have spent the last week in Nashville/Memphis eating and walking and drinking and shopping.  Wow, are those my favorite things or what?!

Anyone from the Midwest knows that this winter has been BRUTAL.  So, a little break from bitter cold was fabulous.

It was mid 50s-60s the whole time.  Yay!

Also, right when I arrived in Nash, I was promptly greeted with a cheese platter from Gus, haha. :)  Me + Vacations = free for all.  I don't really like to eat healthy when I'm anywhere but where I live.  WHO CARES. Gotta live a little, right?

We had some quality family time, and my friend Lindsey came to visit since she lives in Atlanta now.  I killed 3 birds with one stone in this trip.

Gus showed us around downtown that night, and we went to a bar called Losers.  Apparently Sam Hunt goes there from time to time and he is one of my favorite, new Country singers.  Plus, he's really good looking, so that doesn't hurt.  They had live music there, and the drummer was wearing a Packer shirt, so of course we started a "Go Pack Go" chant.

The next day we went around to Broadway where all the fun happens.
Love this sign at Biscuit Love Brunch
This picture was at Honkey Tonk Central, which is 3 stories and had balconies so we could be outside.  Also, if you didn't know, it isn't illegal to smoke in bars here, so it was nice to get some fresh air.  It was so weird to see/smell when you're so used to not being around that. Yuck.  

The rest of the week Leiah and I spent together doing random/fun stuff.  We made sushi and watch The Bachelor, of course. I still can't even talk about how annoyed I am with the new season of The Bachelorette...ABC fail.
Where was Matt Neary when you need him to roll?

Lei and I got massages, did some exploring, went to the zoo.  I don't think I have ever seen a panda so this was a big deal.
Jelly Belly collection dedicated to Ashlie Jones, duh.





Downtown Memphis

How cute is this?!
I had tons of fun and it was so nice to have a relaxing little week.  I can't wait to come back and visit! 





1 comment:

  1. Cool post-- I want to go to the zoo again already... and the candy store..

    ReplyDelete